Protein Packed Carrot Muffins
Delicious carrot muffins packed with protein and topped with protein icing while avoiding multiple food allergies.
Gluten free, corn free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, low sugar and packed with protein. I almost forgot… GUILT FREE!
First pre-heat your oven to 350°F
1 scoop (35g) of vegan vanilla protein powder
2 cups gluten-free flour mix (I used tapioca starch, quinoa, brown rice, and amaranth)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ½ teaspoon corn free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
4 eggs beaten at room temp
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup dairy free milk substitute (room temp)
- Whisk all dry ingredients
- Add carrots
- In a separate bowl froth oil, eggs, vinegar and milk until pale and frothy
- Make a well in dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to well
- Mix ingredients until well combined
- Add batter to greased or lined muffin tray (I use silicone ones)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 to 2 tablespoons liquid honey
1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup tapioca starch
Icing Recipe Instructions:
- Add all liquids to a mixer
- Slowly mix in protein powder and tapioca starch until desired icing consistency reached.
- Add as much icing as your heart desires to your muffins but make sure to let them cool first.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 servings (large muffins)
Nutrition Per Serving: N/A but delicious and protein packed!