No Frills Bodybuilding
I believe the bodybuilding lifestyle is something that everyone should embrace and benefit from. I’m not talking about competitive bodybuilding where things are taken to the extreme. Bodybuilding to me is about looking after yourself by building muscularity, reducing body fat and optimising your health. An aesthetically pleasing physique is just a by-product of this and promotes self esteem and confidence.
These days most people are too fat and there is an obesity epidemic which is just getting worse. Competitive bodybuilding is the sport of getting and as lean and muscular as possible. Clearly there has got to be something that bodybuilding can offer the world to fight obesity. Further, everyone wants to get in shape and look like the latest super hero movie celebrity. The transformation these celebrities make is perceived as unattainable and just put down to expert coaching, meticulous nutrition and hardcore training. These actors are just bodybuilding. Again bodybuilding has something to offer everyone.
No Frills Bodybuilding describes the style of bodybuilding that anyone can incorporate into their lives. It’s about cutting back on the non-essential bodybuilding activities to get maximum value from your efforts. MuscleSherpa.com is about discovering and sharing how to make bodybuilding practical for everyone.
No Frills Bodybuilding is achieved by:
- Minimalistic bodybuilding so you can focus on the rest of your life.
- Minimise time lifting weights by using best bang for buck exercises.
- Minimal supplements. Most supplements are junk and a massive waste of money anyway.
- A practical dietary lifestyle.
- Frugal but nutritious eating.
- Hard work and outdoor activities as cardio.
No Frills Bodybuilding isn’t a fitness fad. Hard work and discipline is still required. This is a good thing. It makes you tougher and more resilient. Often when performing an exercise like squats I consider it an analogy of life where you have to work and do things that aren’t always comfortable to get results.
Finally, there are the overarching principles that describe my philosophy of bodybuilding and what this blog is all about.
Muscle Sherpa Principles:
- You can build an awesome physique without having to sacrifice too much.
- Bodybuilding is character and strength building. The eustress and discipline required carries over to the rest of your life.
- Bodybuilding isn’t everything. The bigger and leaner you are does not mean more happiness.
- Stay PED (Performance Enhancing Drugs) free.
- Assuming you stay away from PEDs, you can only get so big. This is both sobering and liberating.
- You can only get so big but the leaner you get the better your physique looks.
- Good health is paramount for your physique and life.