Chocolate Protein Brownies
Satisfy your chocolate craving without cheating on your diet!
These brownies taste great but are lower in calories than regular brownies while packing a protein punch (and also gluten free!). Don’t forget to top them off with Chocolate Protein Icing for the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert!
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted to remove lumps)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon natural vanilla
2/3 cups Truvia (baking stevia)
3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted to liquid state but NOT hot or eggs will cook when added)
3/4 cup Stevia semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the liquid coconut oil, vanilla, Truvia and eggs.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet just until mixed, Do not over mix!
- Fold in Stevia chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a parchment lined cake pan or silicon cake pan and bake for 20 mins or until the edges are firm but the center is still gooey. **Brownies will continue to bake a bit while cooling in the pan and you don’t want to over bake them, so better to take them out of the oven early**
- Unlike most baking, these actually taste better after they cool and not “fresh out of the oven” because of the coconut oil….and because you can then ice them with the rich Chocolate Protein Icing!!See our dessert section to get our chocolate protein icing recipe which is pictured on the brownies above.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Nutrition Per Serving: N/A